Vision Needs in South Carolina
Age Related Macular Degeneration
Who We Serve
LVS is a statewide membership-based nonprofit corporation made up of all Lions who are members in good standing of Lions Clubs in good standing in Multiple District-32 (which encompasses the state of South Carolina, also known as MD 32). Through LVS, Lions and others who are committed to preventing blindness and empowering the blind and visually impaired conduct vision screenings, facilitate eye surgeries, and provide hearing aids to vulnerable and under-served demographics across South Carolina.
Our Programs and Services
LVS currently accomplishes its mission in five ways:
1. Preempt blindness and visual impediments by screening and educating vulnerable demographics;
2. Provide need-based financial assistance and in-kind services for eye surgeries;
3. Procure hearing aids for individuals unable to afford them;
4. Promote education in the prevention of blindness across South Carolina; and
5. Facilitate the recognition and volunteer involvement of Lions serving South Carolina residents.
Find Out More
Donate Today or Get Involved