Vision Needs in South Carolina
Age Related Macular Degeneration
Who We Serve
LVS services directly impact the blind and visually impaired population in SC living in poverty, specifically those living at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines. Most of this population (86% on average) is uninsured. Client demographic data reveals that LVS programs disproportionately serve higher numbers of ethnic minority populations than is representative of the population, allowing our programs to reach communities which have historically experienced a lack of resources to achieve adequate vision and eye health.
LVS Client Demographics
Our Programs and Services
LVS currently accomplishes its mission in five ways:
1. Preempt blindness and visual impediments by screening and educating vulnerable demographics;
2. Provide need-based financial assistance and in-kind services for eye surgeries;
3. Procure hearing aids for individuals unable to afford them;
4. Promote education in the prevention of blindness across South Carolina; and
5. Facilitate the recognition and volunteer involvement of Lions serving South Carolina residents.
Find Out More
Do you need information about obtaining affordable health insurance in South Carolina, including marketplace plans, Medicare, and Medicaid? Please click on the link below for resources on health insurance in South Carolina.
NOTE: This information is provided by a third party and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Lions Vision Services.
Donate Today or Get Involved